So, looks like I’ve been tagged on a meme and I figured I’d go ahead and post because it’s kind of writer related. I’m not sure I know 7 people with blogs to tag who may wanna do this, but I’ll post anyway. I’ve always held to not presuming I can just tag people though, so If you wanna join in, consider yourself tagged and add your blog addy here.
So: The Lucky 7 Meme goes like this:
1. Go to page 77 of your current MS
2. Go to line 7
3. Copy down the next 7 lines – sentences or paragraphs – and post them as they’re written. No cheating
4. Tag 7 authors
5. Let them know
“Truly,” Sen’at said in the silence, “I could not have asked for better companions for my daughter. We must prepare then.”
He called for runners, and within moments, had word spreading through the entire wood for the strongest and bravest to come. Within two days time, he would hand pick a group to travel with the queen. But first, they needed to scout Keleth’s units, a prospect that, for all Mikal’s training, butterflies still fluttered around in his stomach. They’d been near Sennaka castle once, but that seemed long ago now and there was no telling what additions and defenses Keleth had put in place.
1. What is your dream vacation?
I’ve always wanted to go to Ireland. The place calls to me down my ancestry. If I could spend a month there with plenty of money to eat, drink, and explore, I’d be happy.
2. Are you spontaneous or do you like to plan ahead?
Both, really. In writing, I used to be spontaneous, but now I find it easier to plan it out. In my daily life, I tend to be more spontaneous because I never know when I’ll have money or time to do things. When things fall out right, I tend to jump at a chance.
3. Tell us one thing you want to do but don’t dare to do.
Tell some folk what I really think, but I’m always too tactful and don’t care for confrontation.
4. What’s your biggest phobia?
Thought it was heights, but I believe it’s really failure. Every rejection, every thanks but no thanks, makes me feel like I’m one step closer to failing, to having to give up because, despite my skill, no one wants what I have to offer.
5. If you were stranded on a desert island – what 3 things would you want with you (not including laptop, or family).
A Teleporter, a power source, and a recall device, because it sounds like it’d be a nice place to come back to and hang out from time to time.
6. Name three blessings in your life.
Wife, daughter, and my writing skill.
7. What was your nickname in High School?
Does nerd count? Whitey? Cracker? I didn’t really have a nickname in high school other than derogatory remarks.
8. If you could meet the President of the United States, what would you say to him?
Warning: You asked…
So, were they holding a gun to your head or are you really that much of a control freak?
9. If you could be any literary character for a day, who would you be?
From literary fiction or just a character from any novel? Because I think it’d be kinda sweet to be Fizban the Fabulous. He wasn’t really crazy and bumbling, and the powers of a god would be kinda useful for a day.
10. What is your favorite quote?
There’s a bunch I like equally, but I guess if I had to pick, it’d be:
“Do, or do not, there is no try.” – Yoda
Then again, there’s always: “Always plan for the worst, that way, all your surprises will be pleasant ones.” – Verin Mathwin – The Great Hunt